Wednesday, December 2, 2009

La Joie de Vivre through Alber's Lens

I'm very behind on blogging! Planning to make a few posts tonight because there are so many fun things that have happened or that I've encountered in the last few weeks that I want to make a record of.

Right now, though, I want to share some recent, and of course whimsical, drawings by Alber Elbaz. The designer behind the magnificent pieces rolling out of Lanvin, Alber has prolifically put colored pen to paper and produced many wonderful drawings for public consumption:

The invitation for last weekend's Bal du Crillon:

(via Jane at Sea of Shoes. Her blog is, without a doubt, my favorite daily read.
She debuted at Le Bal in a bespoke Chanel gown. I'm so delighted she got to have this incredible experience, and handled it with such grace!)


A special tote in honor of Lanvin's 120th anniversary:

(Thanks, MVG, for showing me this adorable, if expensive, little nugget!)

La Poste Stamps

Only a few minutes ago Women's Wear Daily announced that Alber has also designed limited-edition stamps for France's postal system to honor Lanvin's 120th.
They'll be available for purchase early next year.

Alber is adorable. I can't think of many other designers who can create both sophisticated dresses and such light-hearted drawings; he really is a true talent.
Bisous,
Cxx.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

love it all x

Sharon said...

I so must get the stamps! I adore! <3