Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Weekend Recap: Practically Perfect in Every Way.

Brunch at Clinton Street Baking Company.

Fried Green Tomatoes with Horseradish Sauce.


Biscuits and Gravy.


CCC, one of my oldest and dearest friends who was in town for the weekend, eating the Spanish Scramble.
---
Quick Reunion with Southern Belles.

Dinner with AWC, in town for the day, and HC before they jetted off to West Side Story!
---
Picnic on Governor's Island.


Ferry ride on the way to the Island. CCC refused to look at the camera. At least A(K)K and MVG showed us their pearly whites!


Lounging and Laughing.


I kept my promise to wear white!

Some views from our stroll around the island:







Our little friend. We gave her a chocolate chip cookie because she was so sweet.


New Jersey.


We stumbled upon an NYC Swim 2 mile race happening in the water!
You can see the swimmers in yellow swim caps bobbing in front of the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges (left) and swimming past Lower Manhattan (right).

The sky turned gray, so after six lovely hours on the island we boarded the ferry and returned home.

---
Many other lovely things happened this weekend: browsing independent bookstores, a BBQ on Long Island, many special moments with my friends, the list goes on and on.
I cannot think of a better way to spend four days.

Things are about to get very busy as I plan to take some big leaps of faith. Wish me luck! And forgive me if I'm not posting as often as I might.
Lots of love,
Cxx.

1 comment:

BLC :o said...

Oh la la! What a funnnn weekend!!! And, I love your petit friend. My dad confessed when we were little kids he didn't have to feed us lunch after visiting the park because we made friends with people who brough picnics. Of course my mother was ticked to learn this!! Hehe. Happy belated Labor Day to you and yours! Xoxo-BLC