Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cheap Thrill

I am nothing if not a girly-girl.
Give me tea dresses, patent leather maryjanes, ribbons and bows and I'm a happy camper.
When I was a little girl, I found my older sister's ballet recital tutu and wore it EVERYWHERE.
(Literally every photo of me at age 4 shows me in this tutu.)
My parents struggled to get it off of me before bathtime and pre-school and eventually had to destroy it before I brought social disgrace on the entire family.

So it should come as no surprise that I have a new girly-girl accessory that I simply don't want to take off.
On my way to Anthropologie this weekend I stopped into H&M and found this little velvet-bow bangle and couldn't help myself.
It was only $9.00.
Isn't it sweet?

It's always the little things that make a big difference.

Speaking of the little things, thanks to everyone who responded to my last post. I appreciate the good advice, the honest disclosures, and the well-wishing. I hope anyone with advice will continue to share it with me, and I'll keep you all posted as I make some decisions about my future.

Before I sign off, I want to give a quick birthday shout-out to my friend AK! Such a lovely and thoughtful girl. I can't wait to raise my glass in her honor tonight!
Cxx.

2 comments:

BLC :o said...

Tres darling! I am having the fur coat effect. Xoxo-BLC

Kate said...

I love that bangle! I may need to check out H&M this week