Thursday, August 13, 2009

Paris Recap #6: Packing a Parisian Pique-Nique

PACKING A PARISIAN PIQUE-NIQUE,
according to Murphy

1) Get some sandwiches on fresh baguette. We went to Eric Kayser.

1b) Pick up some dessert while you're there. (I selected pain au chocolate and The Bunny chose a cafe eclair).


2) Get some cheese. We found a fantastic fromagerie that also had free range, freshly laid eggs.

The Bunny is in HEAVEN.









The cheese is "Made in France"--just like we like it!







The "Plein Air" eggs were so fresh there were still feathers attached!

3) Grab a bottle of excellent wine on the cheap. Available by the basketful.
We picked up a nice cold bottle of white wine. The
shop owner was kind enough to uncork the wine
for us and give us two plastic cups!

4) Find the PERFECT spot in the city. We selected the Square du Vert-Galant, located on the Ile-de-la-Cite.

4B) Find the perfect spot WITHIN the perfect spot.


Our view to the Left, and to the Right, the tip of the Ile-de-la-Cite meets the Seine.

5) Don't break the law.

Sign says: "Alcool Interdit"
---
And thus concludes the Paris escape recaps!
Let me know if you'll be traveling to the City of Light anytime soon and I'll be happy to give you more details on any of the places mentioned in my blog, as well as make other recommendations.
Cxx.


6 comments:

Black Labs and Lilly said...

Looks like you had such a fabulous trip! I will be visiting in the fall and would love to get some tips from you on spots to visit!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

darling!! send me an email so I can invite you to my blog! pagranata@yahoo.com xo

MCW said...

It just got better and better as I read...sounds like a perfect picnic!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

so glad we are reconnected! Just read through your paris recap!! Oooh La La!! so fun xo

Irwin Esq said...

Omg, I'm hungry just looking at your pics from this. Looks like a fab trip :)

The Baustonian said...

tes photos sont magnifiques! they're making me miss paris!