Friday, August 28, 2009

Quote du Jour

Here I am, posting again before my weekend trip. I just can't stop myself. I DO love blogging.

Anyway, I'm back to share a sweet little story.

Last night it was starting to rain and I opened my very large umbrella. I walked by a group of people standing on the sidewalk and one of them observed "That's a big umbrella." Then his friend said, "Yesterday I saw the prettiest girl with the biggest umbrella," to which the first person responded ,"What a GREAT phrase!"

And indeed. Isn't that a nice mental image?

"The Prettiest Girl with the Biggest Umbrella."

Sounds like a dream Sartorialist photo, or a snippet of a Bill Cunningham montage.

Pleasant and ladylike and perfect. The next time it rains, that's who I plan to be.
Cxx.

2 comments:

rae.ozanne said...

No doubt you will accomplish this goal gracefully and easily. You're already a beauty--just don't forget the umbrella!

BLC :o said...

Oh that is just fabulous! Are you sure he wasn't talking about you!? Xoxo-BLC