Friday, October 9, 2009

Celebs Abound!

In the last few weeks, celebs seemed to be spilling into the streets. It doesn't hurt that I live and work in areas that are celeb-heavy, either because celebs tend to live or work there, or because many movies are filmed in these neighborhoods.

Recently I've seen the following people:

Chris Noth, aka "Mr. Big"
Jennifer Creel, former soap opera actress and NY socialite
Stacy London, host of "What Not to Wear"
Alexandra Richards, model and one of Keith Richards' (Rolling Stones) daughters
Caroline Kennedy, whom my cab almost ran over
Becky Newton, filming "Ugly Betty"
Michelle Obama and her motorcade leaving Gramercy Tavern:
Bill and Hillary Clinton, leaving the Peninsula Hotel (I snapped a photo of Bill's head; see that white pouf entering the car?)

Lily Cole, model
Mickey Boardman, writer for Paper Magazine

...and a slew of celebrities at the Broadway opening of Carrie Fisher's new one-woman show, "Wishful Drinking." The Bunny's friend is a big Broadway producer and offered us two comp tickets to the show and invited us to the after-party. As I entered the theatre, Martha Plimpton was getting her pic taken by photogs. On our way to our seats we passed Salman Rushdie, Debra Monk, Tovah Feldshuh, Jorma Taccone, Patti LuPone, Craig Bierko, and Justin Bond (the tranny I spotted singing for Rodarte at Fashion's Night Out). There were many other celebrities present whom we missed. I did, however, stand next to, received a smile from, and later snapped a blurry photo of Jane Fonda!


It's always fun to see a celebrity, and it reminds me that I'm really in the heart of one of the most exciting cities in the world.
What can I say? I <3 NY and I <3>

1 comment:

MCW said...

I just saw Juliann Moore at The Standard!