Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Go for the Gold: Unemployment Olympics

Today I was going to post about a great dinner I had last night with old friends, followed by a perfect walk home that allowed me to once again be caught up in JUST HOW MUCH I love New York. Unfortunately, I failed pull the photos off of my camera, so...let's talk about something FUNNY instead!

Unemployment Olympics
Yesterday in Tompkins Square Park, nestled in my dear East Village neighborhood, some funny folks hosted the Unemployment Olympics.

Qualifier? No day job.

The Schedule of Events included:

Pin the Blame on the Boss


"You're Fired" Race. First to the "Unemployment Office" wins.


Skeeball using office telephones.

(all photos from the NYTimes)

It's almost as fun as the Hipster Olympics.
Click to watch the video. You won't regret it.

(Dan Humphrey, is that you?)

After all, what is New York without a little competition...or a little irony?
Fondly,
Cxx.

No comments: