Friday, April 17, 2009

Things That Make Me Smile

1) Can that be SUNSHINE that I see pouring through the window?
Today's high? 67 degrees.
Tomorrow's high? 72 degrees.

2) "Other People's Love Letters: 150 Letters You Were Never Meant to See"

I saw this book at Urban Outfitters last night. It reminds me of another book I saw last summer at Alice's Tea Cup. I forget the name now, but it was an anthology of real notes written in middle school that featured funny sentiments and some choice insults. My favorite?
"I apolojize [sic] for saying you [sic] mom a Turkey ... she a BABBON [sic]!"

3) New Favorite Blog: Look at this Fucking Hipster.


Cause if you've ever been to Williamsburg, Brooklyn, you'll understand.

4) Architect-Pun-As-Sentiment.


It doesn't really make any sense. But if you received it, wouldn't you smile nevertheless?

5) Impression Rings by Yoon Jung Yun.


Put your message inside the ring, give it to someone special, and let them unveil the secret after they wear it. It's maybe a little Opus Dei in style, but as someone who always loved secret messages and spy stories, I think it's absolutely delightful.

Enjoy the weekend! I plan to take a nap in Central Park!
Fondly,
Cxx.

2 comments:

Sunshine In The City said...

70 degrees baby, I can't wait!!! I have one more thing that will probably make you smile, go check out my Blog!

Lula Mae said...

Have to brag that it was 90+ degrees in Laguna today...sorry, it is the only thing we have that is arguably better than NYC! :)

A nap sounds great :)