Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bernice Bobs Her Hair? Taking a note from F. Scott...

As predicted, I have been dragging my feet about getting a haircut.

Blame my hectic work and social schedule. Blame my indecision. But the fact remains that my hair looks dull and needs a boost, especially with Reunions right around the corner.

So here's my latest dilemma: I think I want to BOB it.

My hair hasn't so much as graced the top of my shoulders since I was a child, so this would be a major change.


What do you, my dear readers, think?
  • Do I continue to grow my hair for a few months and then donate it to a charity like Locks of Love?
  • Do I keep it long for summer and then bob it in the Autumn in order to create a cute-with-turtlenecks style, a la AH? (It would certainly help if my neck was also 20 feet long..)

  • Should I altogether avoid a bob (since I will never be Audrey Hepburn)?
  • Here are some styles that piqued my interest in the last few weeks:


So, what do you think? Hair DO or hair DON'T? Summer style or Fall fashion?
I always love reading your comments.
Cxx.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I have had long hair all my life. Or at least, the last time my hair was above-shoulders was when I was a toddler, just like you.

But I was so sick of my long hair about 2 months ago that I took the plunge and bobbed it MYSELF! It actually turned out okay - but being that I cannot layer for my life, I went to a salon and they cleaned it up for me. They gave it a little bit of an edge, making it slightly longer in front than in back, a little like the Kirsten Dunst look pictured here. And of course they added in some layers to soften it.

And I LOVE it. And have gotten SO many compliments. And it's just easier and lighter than long hair for the summer! I say go for it. I think you'd look great with a chic bob.

Em said...

What about a Jackie-O style bob? Perfect for us thick-haired girls!

http://tinyurl.com/ocmg86

UESBikramyogi said...

Bob is classic. I had one so I approve :) CT bob it great she is stunning. Please go to Sato one of these days he is expensive but the MASTER!

Erica Prather said...

You have been thinking about this for so long that you know what to do. You only live once!

ms. mindless said...

this may sound really weird, but here goes. i think that you look like you could be suri cruise's mom (which is a compliment since she is the cutest thing alive!). suri is adorable with a bob. even though you are a grown up, i think you could totally rock the bob, like suri does! am i weird? yes. but at least i know it.