Monday, June 15, 2009

A Bridge Grows in Brooklyn.

My company has two New York offices. Until recently, I was primarily working from our Park Avenue office in Manhattan, but now find myself contentedly spending my days at our DUMBO, Brooklyn office. (DUMBO, like SoHo and TriBeCa, is an acronym: Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. Click here to read an interesting article about how it got that moniker.)


I call this photo "Dumbo in DUMBO." Meaning the Elephant. Not a commentary on my intelligence. Maybe. You can see the Manhattan Bridge and East River behind me.

On Friday, after an incredibly long week, I had a sudden desire to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge rather than ride the subway back to my apartment in Manhattan. And so that's just what I did.

Here are some photos of my commute taken from my Blackberry:


Looking at the East River, Manhattan Bridge and Empire State Building.


One pair of the bridge's famous neo-Gothic arches.


The suspension cables that make this bridge so beautiful.


Lady Liberty.


Cars below, Manhattan ahead.


Home Sweet Home.
Cxx.

2 comments:

Erica Prather said...

I heart BKLYN

ms. mindless said...

i LOVE walking across the brooklyn bridge. definitely better than the subway if you aren't in a hurry and the day is nice!