Friday, June 19, 2009

Things That Make Me Smile

1) My new haircut and new salon!

2) Poladroid Project.
This amazing (and FREE) software lets you turn an ordinary photo...


...into a spectacular (and nostalgia-inducing) digital Polaroid!


3) Drinks at The Rose Bar with MBM!
I sadly didn't take any photos. The Rose Bar is a very sexy venue inside the Gramercy Park Hotel, with one of the best cocktail menus in the City. Nearly half of the menu is made with Hendricks Gin, which is my spirit of choice. (Truly, if you drink Hendricks it will ruin you to all other gin.) I have had the privilege of being served cocktails that were handmade by the mixologist who created the entire Rose Bar menu, and she DEFINITELY knows what she's doing. Last night I had two Garden of Edens and am already craving another...MBM ordered a Diamonds and Pearls (Reyka vodka, Lillet Blanc, freshly muddled blackberries, touch of coconut) and shared a sip with me--it was a joy to drink.

4) S.U.M.M.E.R. F.R.I.D.A.Y.S
My company allows me to select one Friday in June, July and August to take off. Today was the day for June! I started my day by sleeping in, running to my hair appointment, strolling through SoHo, shopping in NoLIta, and doing a tiny bit of work from home with Law & Order and Lifetime movies on in the background.

5) PARIS.
The Bunny and I are going in a little over a month. Buying the tickets tonight! Mon Lapin--Je t'aime plus qu'hier, moins que demain...

Bon Week-end!
Cxx.

4 comments:

LPC said...

Have you ever tried Junipero Gin? Not to break up a happy relationship, just a California thought.

BLC :o said...

Oh Paris will be just lovely!!!! I hope you enjoyed the weekend line up! Xoxo-BLC

Erica Prather said...

time out! that is a pic from 7th grade..we were flowers...you aren't sneaking that shit past me...

Kate said...

Can't wait to see what you plan for your Paris trip!