Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Musings

Oh, Monday...

Good News: The tulips are budding along Park Avenue!
I saw them with my own eyes yesterday. This gives me faith that Spring really is coming. I am currently plagued by my second cold in a month's time, so I reallllly need Spring to GET A MOVE ON ASAP.
---
Bad News: "Great Depression Cooking."
This seems, somehow, so very very wrong:
http://www.greatdepressioncooking.com/Depression_Cooking/Welcome.html
---
Funny News: Unjustified Confidence in One's Singing/Teaching Abilities.
Real or Fake, I can't stop laughing:
---
Makes-You-Go-"Wah Wah"-News: Deli woman makes me feel ugly.
This morning at a deli where I frequently get my morning coffee, I am told by the Burmese check-out girl that I look just like her cousin.
I say, "Oh, my mother is Chinese, perhaps that's why!"
She responds, "No, you have same color brown hair, same color brown eyes, and teeth,
JUST LIKE A RABBIT!"
F my life...?
---
Quote of the Day:
"Dalyah Duek-Flaks acknowledges that opening her new Madison Avenue diamond store, Dalyah, is about as well-timed as opening a cake shop on the eve of the French Revolution."
(Bless the NYTimes)

Not sure if this is a tally, but I'm pretty confident that I come out on bottom.

Cxx.

No comments: